Monday, May 11, 2009

And speaking of Ads...

...I have also decided to post my pick for the top five Best and Worst Ads on TV (seen either today or in the near past):

The Best Five: -
5. Max New York Life Child Plans: 'Czechoslovakia'.
4. Sundrop Refined Oil: 'जलेबी!!'
3. Airtel: पापा का फ़ोन आया था न? + The first ad with Rahman and his tune.
2. Havells - Wires that don't catch fire. (what I love most abt this ad is that it's a 'silent' ad)
1. Orbit Chewing Gum: TOW the slaves lighting up a medieval city!

The Worst Five: -
5. BSNL Broadband - '2mbps superspeed, BSNL is all you need'
4. Airtel - The Mahadevan and Vidya Balan series.
3. Hyundai I10: 'It's zippy too'.
2. Havells - 'छूटे पसीना मुश्किल है जीना.'
1. Axe: The Axe Effect - ALL Ads in this series.

5 comments:

Janaki Gopikrishna said...

good listing. u dont have the zoozoos in the best and the worst list...

The Reluctant Rebel said...

Of course in an all time list Sewhag Ka Ma would top the second list.

Indecision Personified said...

@ janaki: Welocme to the blog, Yes, I forgot to mention that zoozoos are above No.1 in the Best List!

@Rahul: huh? Don't seem to remmebr that Ad. Could you give me a few more details?

Gammafunction said...

quite clearly, a lot of ads have been missed.and the 'best ' list is a little lenient towards ads with children I'd say.
What abt (in the best category):
"shock Laga Laga Laga shock Laga"

The 'Rimpoche' (Buddhist monks running to look at a boy sitting in front of a CFL)

The hutch ad with the dog-both with girl and the boy

Aamir Khan's "tore Baap kitne hai" Bihari impersonation Coke ad.(Like the way he says "Duuur Budbak" :-D )

A very old Pepsi ad featuring Amitabh and Sachin flying Kites on a Rajhastani rooftop.

Dhoni and the old woman in "Sirf tum hi milk shakti khate ho kya"

Indecision Personified said...

@Gammafunction: Hi, nice to see you here. Yes, this is very clearly a biased list. :) I agree with your listing too, though do not remember the 'Rimpoche' ad - do not remember it at all. Most of these ads were on my 'master list'. I chose from within this list to make up my Best 5.