Friday, May 1, 2009

Blogrolls

I almost started by apologising for the long hiatus from blogging. But then I figured - who am I kidding, this is more for personal satisfaction than for an actual readership. None exists anymore anyway. This realisation has given me the freedon therefore to post on the most inane of subjects. Blogrolls.
I was recently deleted from a blogroll because the owner of that particular blogroll likes to keep his blogroll short. (Ok, this entire post is actually so that I could put that sentence in!) I was most inconvenienced due to this newest obsession of his. See, I like to keep my blogroll short too. That is why, my blogroll is never an accurate account of all the blogs I follow. Actually, it is not even necessary that I follow the blogs appearing on my blogroll. Mostly, I use my blogroll as the shortest route to access the blogs that I do follow. i.e. I use my blogroll essentially to access other people's blogrolls.
So now you see why a trimming of the blogrolls by a person on my blogroll would greatly inconvenience me? Especially since I do not make any attempt to pagemark / bookmark the blogs I like or even remember their url nor do I know how to effectively use web history etc.? So here is an appeal to all on my blogroll - please do spare a thought for your readers - do not detrimentally tamper with your blogrolls. Additions will always be welcome ofcourse! :)

6 comments:

The owner of a particular blog who likes to keep his blogroll short said...

I'm not sure if I followed your argument completely, so I'm clarifying: Do you mean that you use your blogroll to get to other people's blogs, and their blogrolls to get to yet more people's blogs? And if other people delete blogs from their blogrolls, they thereby prevent you from accessing the deleted blogs?

This comment has way too many instances of the word 'blog' or variants thereof.

Indecision Personified said...

@Sroyon: Despite your comment being nearly as confusing as the post itself. I do believe that you have hit the nail on the head in your analysis. :)btw am thinking of compensating for having missed 'every deadline'.

@zayak: yaaay! new reader!

What's In A Name ? said...

O, you have regular readers, I assure you. If only you would post a little less irregularly. Hiatuses are not meant to be continuous. :)

p.s - your WV reads "fababs". Have anything to say to that?? :D :P

Anonymous said...

Finally..Finally, someone is bak !!!

Indecision Personified said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indecision Personified said...

@ What's: well, all I gotta say is - pity its only the WV and not me who's got it! :)
@anonymous: yes. The comment feels nice. If I may, who are you?